The Municipality of Murrysville will be accepting applications effective immediately for the purpose of establishing a police officer eligibility list.
Applicants must meet the following minimal qualifications:
* Minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of appointment.
* Be a United States citizen.
* Possess a current and valid Class C Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
* Possess a High School Diploma or G.E.D. certification approved by the Department of Education.
* Shall have attained MPOETC Act 120 certification from a Pennsylvania police academy.
* Shall have served as a full-time police officer for minimum of one (1) year, or served as a part-time police officer for no less than 2080 hours.
* Shall not have a criminal conviction for a crime with a grading above a misdemeanor of the third degree.
* Must be of good moral character.
* Be physically and psychologically fit to perform the duties of a police officer.
* Pass the following: written and oral examination; physical agility test; background investigation; credit history check; medical and psychological examination; and drug screen.
A non-refundable $50.00 administrative fee is required. Fee is payable by check or money order to the Municipality of Murrysville. Applications may be obtained at the Murrysville Police Department, 4120 Sardis Road, Murrysville, PA 15668, or, web site:www.murrysvillepolice.com. The written examination will be administered on September 15, 2018, at 9 AM, at the Franklin Regional Senior High School cafeteria, 3200 School Road, Murrysville, PA 15668. The applicant shall provide a valid PA driver’s license as proof of identification.
Applications must be returned to Captain Tappe by 3 PM on September 7, 2018.
The Municipality of Murrysville is an EOE.